Summer Essentials


Yesterday post marked the first official day of summer, but here in NC the sun has been a blazing well before that.  I thought that I would share some of the things that have made my summer essentials list on how to survive the days that will only grow warmer.
1. Water
This is the single most important thing that many of us forget about, but water is very key to our health.  On hot sunny days water is especially important, because loss of water due to sweating can lead to dehydration if it's not replenished. Make sure you always grab a bottle before stepping out for the day.

2. Sun Dress
Who doesn't love a quick fix outfit?  I know I do!  A sun dress is a lifesaver in many instances.  For one it's you full outfit, so no shuffling through you closet trying to find a corresponding match.  Dresses also allow you to breathe.  I hate when it's hot, and my clothes stick to me making me feel more hot & sweaty.

3. Sunglasses
With the sun shining bright we want to make sure that our eyes are protected! Sunnies also add an extra spice to your fit so be sure to stick those in your bag when you're on the go.

4. Sunscreen
Growing up I was always told "you don't need to bother with sunscreen your black we don't get burnt".  Although I've never experienced sunburn it's extremely important to protect your skin.  Too much sun exposure can create pre-age wrinkling or worse skin cancer.

5. Swimsuit
What summer can be spent without heading to the pool or having a trip to the beach?  Not any that I plan on attending, so it's important to have you swimsuit game on point!  I for one am loving bright printed 2 pieces this summer.  Being a plus size girl it can be difficult to find that perfect suit, so I'll link some of my favorite places to shop swimsuits below:
Forever 21
Swimsuits4all

This covers everthing that I think everyone should have in their summer starter pack.  Let me know if I missed anything in the comments, I will gladly add them on!

-htc

No comments